Being and average hiker this is a days’ walk you will really enjoy. Well planned and circular, this is a mostly gentle outlined route allowing visitors to enjoy the most out of central Evia main mountain range of Dirfis & Xerovouni. Steep hills and amazing views will be surrounding our walk. There is a wide variety of birds and flower you can admire.
- Total length : 8,5 km
- Total Elevation Gain/loss : 577 m / 577 m
- Duration walking : 3,5-4 h
- Activity level B : Moderate
Starting off at Steni Village we head on towards Xerovouni mountain. The trail is uphill and we cross a stream several times. There will be no water supply so we have to carry our own. As we reach out of the trees we come into the view of Xerovouni mountain which rises dominating above us. You can either go all the way to the top (Hard route), or skip the top and head towards Kampia village. The scenery from the top is breathtaking but even the alternate route is eye-catching. This is not a circular route so we have to be picked up.
- Total length : 11,5 km
- Total Elevation Gain/loss : 780 m / 795 m
- Hours : 4,5-5 h
- Activity level C : Intermediate
• 08:30 – Pickup from your hotel,
• 09:15 – Arrive at Steni, bakery stop & water fill-up
• 09:30 – Start of the tour.
• 13:30 – End of tour. Optional trout meal at Kambia village
• 14:15 – Return to hotel
- Itinerary is proposed and can be subject to changes depending on preference, season or pickup location.
Pricing per person
Price per Person : 60 euro
What does the tour include:
- Transfer to start of tour from Chalkis, Eretria, or Amarynthos
- Guidance by Evia Adventure Tours (English & Greek language)
- Transfer to hotel after the end the tour to Chalkis, Eretria, or Amarynthos
Other extras – Not Included – Must Haves
- Meals, Snacks, Drinks, Refreshments, Water.
No worries. We will stop at the local bakery before our tour, where you can choose from a wide selection of delicious fresh pastry. Have your own water bottles with you as we can fill them with fresh water from the spring just next to the bakery.
- It is advised to bring your own small backpack
- Do care to bring a lightweight windproof along for summer months (July-August)
- Do care to bring a warmer shell jacket for colder months
- Sunscreen is needed from April – October
- Sun hat or scarf
- Firm walking shoes are needed
Arriving at Kampia village we will have the option of tasting local fresh trout.