Stopones gorge is located just below Stropones village. The hike through Stropones gorge is quite demanding though it is all downstream. You get two options to go down it, either hopping on and off both sides of the river when the river flow allows it (June-September), either take the parallel path to the left of the river as we go downstream which keep you walking all the time about 50 meters above the river bed. The end of the trails leads us to a dirt road just next to the river on a nice walk amongst huge plain trees. Our final destination is the beautiful beach of Hiliadou, with an amazing view of the wild Aegean sea. Summer hikes will end with a nice swim in clear blue water.
- Total length : 8.3 km
- Total Elevation Gain/loss : 228 m/557 m
- Hours : 5 h
- Activity level B : Moderate
• 08:30 – Pickup from your hotel,
• 09:15 – Arrive at Steni, bakery stop & water fill-up
• 09:45 – Start of the tour.
• 13:30 – End of tour. Optional meal at Chiliadou and swimming in the Aegean Sea
• 16:15 – Return to hotel
- Itinerary is proposed and can be subject to changes depending on preference, season or pickup location.
Minimum Participants / Availability
This tour runs with a minimum of 3 participants.
Available from April to November. More comfortable during April-June and September-November.
Pricing per person
Price per Person : 60 euro
What does the tour include:
- Transfer to start of tour from Chalkis, Eretria
- Guidance by Evia Adventure Tours (English & Greek language)
- Transfer to hotel after the end the tour to Chalkis, Eretria
Other extras – Not Included – Must Haves
- Meals, Snacks, Drinks, Refreshments, Water.
No worries. We will stop at the local bakery before our tour, where you can choose from a wide selection of delicious fresh pastry. Have your own water bottles with you as we can fill them with fresh water from the spring just next to the bakery.
- It is advised to bring your own small backpack and water bottle
- Do care to bring a lightweight windproof along for months (June, September)
- Do care to bring a warmer shell jacket for colder months (April-May & October-November)
- Sunscreeen is needed from April - October
- Sun hat or scarf
- Firm walking shoes are needed