Peacefull and small, Lefkanti is our starting point for this ride. Following the Lilas river which is mostly dry all year round our trip will lead us to the plains of Mytika vineyards. We go past the artificial lake of the village Fylla with a view of the castle. Leaving the lake we will visit the castle of Knight Lykarios enjoying the stunning view of North & South Evian gulf, the mountain peaks of Dirfis, Parnitha & Evian Olympus.
Our journey takes us to the quarry of magnesite above the village of Afrati. Again we will ride a small singletrack and follow the Lilas riverbed.
Following the stream of Lilas we will come across the Two Towers of Fylla and the two Bridges of Fylla, the new and the old one. Next stop is the Medieval tower of Vasiliko which has recently been restored.
Both starting and ending point is the beach of Lefkanti.
- Route: 27km
- Terrain: Dirt roads, tarmac, low hilly parts, low traffic
- Total Elevation Gain : 544 m
- Cycling Time: 3 1/2 - 4 hours, with stops
- Total Tour Time: 4-5 hours
- Start and Finish Time: 09.00 – 14.00
- Child Friendly: No
- Activity level B : Intermediate We recommend this tour for experienced cyclists
• 08:30 – Pickup from your hotel, in Chalkis, Eretria, Amarynthos
• 09:00 – Arrive in Lefkanti, start of the cycling tour.
• 14:00 – End of tour, optional meal at local fish tavern
- Itinerary is proposed and can be subject to changes depending on preference, season or pickup location.
Minimum Participants / Availability
This tour runs with a minimum of 2 participants.
Available all year round. Check bookings calendar.
What does the tour include:
- Transfer to start of tour from Chalkis, Eretria, or Amarynthos
- Bike Rental & Helmet. Riding with small group
- Backpack and water bottle
- Pro MIAS certified Bike leader on road (English & Greek language)
Other extras – Not Included – Must Haves
Do care to bring a lightweight windproof along
Sunscreen is needed from April - October
Sun hat or scarf