Farmlands & Sites of Eretria.
Valleys and hills surround the higher parts of Eretria city, which are just a pedal stroke away from the ancient sites. Hilltop peaks and hidden single-tracks will just make your day.
Ancient ruins from the 4th century B.C., and recently abandoned farmers’ dwellings, are located just several hundreds of meters away compiling what we know as modern day Eretria city.
This is a mid entry-level Mtb tour which will introduce you to the lower part of mountainous Evia. Good stamina is needed but less frequent cyclist will cope as well.
- Route : 16 km
- Terrain: Asphalt public road, small dirt roads, some single track, very low traffic
- Total Elevation Gain : 250 m
- Cycling Time: 2hours with stops
- Total Tour Time: 2-3 hours
- Start and Finish Time: 09.00 (at Grand Bleu Hotel) – 12.00
- Child Friendly: Yes, children must be 15+ years
- Activity level B: Intermediate
• 08:30 – Get bikes ready at Grand Bleu Hotel
• 09:00 – Start of the tour (Optional swim at the beach)
• 12:00 – End of tour
- Itinerary is proposed and can be subject to changes depending on preference, season or pickup location.
Minimum Participants / Availability
This tour runs with a minimum of 2 participants.
Available all year round. Check bookings calendar.
What does the tour include:
- Bike Rental & Helmet. Riding with small group
- Pro MIAS certified Bike leader on road (English & Greek language)
Other extras – Not Included – Must Haves
Do care to bring a lightweight windproof along (April-May-September-October)
Sunscreen is needed from April - October
Sun hat or scarf
Arriving in Eretria again, we will have a swim or a stop for a refreshment
Visit the Archeological Museum of Eretria (Monday closed)