Experience the lowlands of Dirfis mountain. Our trip starts off reasonably easy, following rolling hills, cycling past beautiful little chapels. We cross the river of Steni numerous times. Depending on the time of year you will enjoy vastly contrasting scenery. Pine trees will dominate our course, but plain trees next to the river, pistachio trees and some oranges groves will let your senses run wild. Our picnic stop, for refuelling at this beautiful church next to an abandoned watermill is our highlight. Suggested from March to October it is an ideal cycle ride especially if you are staying in or near Steni village.
- Route: 19km
- Terrain: Dirt roads, low hilly parts, little tarmac as well, low traffic
- Total Elevation Gain : 516 m
- Cycling Time: 3 1/2 - 4 hours, with stops
- Total Tour Time: 4-5 hours
- Start and Finish Time: 09.00 – 14.00
- Child Friendly: Yes, children must be 14 years and over
- Activity level A-B: Easy-Intemediate We recommend this tour for leisure cyclists
• 08:30 – Pickup from your hotel,
• 09:00 – Arrive in Steni, start of the cycling tour.
• 14:00 – End of tour, optional meal at local tavern
- Itinerary is proposed and can be subject to changes depending on preference, season or pickup location.
Minimum Participants / Availability
This tour runs with a minimum of 2 participants.
Available all year round. Check bookings calendar.
What does the tour include:
- Transfer to start of tour from Chalkis, Eretria, or Amarynthos
- Bike Rental & Helmet. Riding with small group
- Backpack and water bottle
- Pro MIAS certified Bike leader on road (English & Greek language)
Other extras – Not Included – Must Haves
Do care to bring a lightweight windproof along
Sunscreen is needed from April - October
Sun hat or scarf