This tour is our most recent discovery. Starting from Steni village we charge towards the mountain ranges of Dirfis and Xerovouni. We start our climb among plain trees just above Steni village with dominating views of the village and the rock of Steni. Our route leads us through amazing mixed forest of pines, fir and chestnuts all the way through the aesthetic forest of Steni. A little single track awaits for us in the abundant pine forest, as we traverse towards Xerovouni range. It's all downhill from here descending towards the village of Kampia. Mount Olympus of Evia is calling out for us just as we leave Kampia (unfortunately we will have to make U-turn at some point). Leaving mount Olympus behind us we come across beautiful chapels built in rocks and running water which will soothe us thirsty travellers. Our final destination is Steni village where we started off our trip.
- Route: 25km
- Terrain: Dirt roads, low hilly parts, little tarmac as well, low traffic
- Total Elevation Gain : 1087 m
- Cycling Time: 3 1/2 - 4 hours, with stops
- Total Tour Time: 4-5 hours
- Start and Finish Time: 09.00 – 14.00
- Child Friendly: No
- Activity level C : Challenging We recommend this tour for experienced cyclists
• 08:30 – Pickup from your hotel,
• 09:00 – Arrive in Steni, start of the cycling tour.
• 14:00 – End of tour, optional meal at local tavern
- Itinerary is proposed and can be subject to changes depending on preference, season or pickup location.
Minimum Participants / Availability
This tour runs with a minimum of 2 participants.
Available all year round. Check bookings calendar.
What does the tour include:
- Transfer to start of tour from Chalkis, Eretria, or Amarynthos
- Bike Rental & Helmet. Riding with small group
- Backpack and water bottle
- Pro MIAS certified Bike leader on road (English & Greek language)
Other extras – Not Included – Must Haves
Do care to bring a lightweight windproof along
Sunscreen is needed from April - October
Sun hat or scarf