Makrykapa is a sweet little village built on the banks of small stream which flows all year round. We start our tour cycling along the village. Dirt roads with no traffic at all, welcome outdoor enthousiasts for leisurely activities. Depending on the time of year will come across heaps of timber and the famous resin producing forests of Evia. The route is circular but there is always an option of extending the route.
- Route: 24km
- Terrain: Dirt roads, mountainous, low traffic
- Total Elevation Gain : 878 m
- Cycling Time: 4 - 5 hours, with stops
- Total Tour Time: 5 - 5 1/2 hours
- Start and Finish Time: 09.00 – 14.30
- Child Friendly: No
- Activity level C : Challenging We recommend this tour for experienced cyclists
• 08:30 – Pickup from your hotel,
• 09:00 – Arrive in Makrykapa, brief coffee, start of the cycling tour.
• 14:30 – End of tour, optional meal at local tavern
- Itinerary is proposed and can be subject to changes depending on preference, season or pickup location.
Minimum Participants / Availability
This tour runs with a minimum of 2 participants.
Available all year round. Check bookings calendar.
What does the tour include:
- Transfer to start of tour from Chalkis, Eretria, or Amarynthos
- Bike Rental & Helmet. Riding with small group
- Backpack and water bottle
- Pro MIAS certified Bike leader on road (English, & Greek language)
Other extras – Not Included – Must Haves
Do care to bring a lightweight windproof along
Sunscreen is needed from April - October
Sun hat or scarf