Not many people know that one of Evia's main vineyard area is just cycling distance from the city center. Mytikas is renowned for it's quality wine producers. Cycling in peaceful roads we will reach the village of Afrati.
Following the stream of Lilas we will come across the Two Towers of Fylla. Our journey takes us to the quarry of magnesite above the village of Afrati. We will ride a small singletrack and follow the riverbed of Lilas.
Our returning route will get us to know the other half of Chalkida seaside, the busy part with apartment buildings just next to beautiful beaches. Visiting the lighthouse of Chalkis is a well hidden secret to many foreigners.
- Route: 47km
- Terrain: Dirt roads, tarmac, low hilly parts, low traffic
- Total Elevation Gain : 660 m
- Cycling Time: 3 1/2 - 4 hours, with stops
- Total Tour Time: 4-5 hours
- Start and Finish Time: 09.00 – 14.00
- Child Friendly: No
- Activity level B : Intermediate We recommend this tour for experienced cyclists
• 08:30 – Pickup from your hotel,
• 09:00 – Arrive in Chalkis, start of the cycling tour.
• 14:00 – End of tour, optional meal at local fish tavern
- Itinerary is proposed and can be subject to changes depending on preference, season or pickup location.
Minimum Participants / Availability
This tour runs with a minimum of 2 participants.
Available all year round. Check bookings calendar.
What does the tour include:
- Transfer to start of tour from Chalkis, Eretria, or Amarynthos
- Bike Rental & Helmet. Riding with small group
- Backpack and water bottle
- Pro MIAS certified Bike leader on road (English & Greek language)
Other extras – Not Included – Must Haves
Do care to bring a lightweight windproof along
Sunscreen is needed from April - October
Sun hat or scarf