Starting off at Steni village we head towards the chestnut forest. Climbing our way up we gradually start walking amongst fir trees. Our final destination is the refuge which is run by the local climbing club of Chalkida. You will have the opportunity to enjoy the magnificent view of mount Dirfis. We make our way back to Steni from an alternate route through wonderful rocky trails which turn into great forests, some water springs will make us happy as we reach our final destination.
- Total length : 7,7 km
- Total Elevation Gain/loss : 630 m / 630 m
- Duration : 3-3,5 h
- Activity level B : Moderate
- 08:30 – Pickup from your hotel,
- 09:15 – Arrive at Steni, bakery stop & water fill-up
- 09:30 – Start of the tour.
- 13:00 – End of tour.
- 14:00 – Return to hotel
- Itinerary is proposed and can be subject to changes depending on preference, season or pickup location.
Minimum Participants / Availability
This tour runs with minimum 2 participants.
Available from all year round. More comfortable during April-June and September-November.
Pricing per person
What does the tour include:
- Transfer to start of tour from Chalkis, Eretria, or Amarynthos
- Guidance by Evia Adventure Tours (English & Greek language)
- Transfer to hotel after the end the tour to Chalkis, Eretria, or Amarynthos
Other extras – Not Included – Must Haves
- Meals, Snacks, Drinks, Refreshments, Water.
No worries. We will stop at the local bakery before our tour, where you can choose from a wide selection of delicious fresh pastry. Have your own water bottles with you as we can fill them with fresh water from the spring just next to the bakery.
- It is advised to bring your own small backpack and water bottle
- Do care to bring a lightweight windproof along for months (June, September)
- Do care to bring a warmer shell jacket for colder months (April-May & October-November)
- Sunscreen is needed from April – October
- Sun hat or scarf
- Firm walking shoes are needed