Mount Ochi, the third highest mountain on the island of Evia, is home to prophet Elias church but also many of the so-called Dragon Houses, the biggest of which is found just at the top, at an altitude of 1370m. No mention has been made in ancient literature, though the first written account of their existence was made in the 18th century.
Reaching the top of Ochi mountain where the Dragon House is located there are two options. After a short drive all the way to the refuge and follow the route to the top, then back down the same route. This route is phenomenal and the experience outstanding, ideal for every level so go for it...
- Total length : 4,28 km
- Total Elevation Gain/Loss : 381 m/381 m
- Duration walking : 1,5h -2h
- Activity level A : Easy
• 08:30 – Pickup from your hotel, in Styra, Marmari, Karystos or nearby villages, bakery stop & water fill-up
• 09:30 – Start of the tour.
• 13:00 – End of tour. Optional meal at local tavern
• 14:00 – Return to hotel
- Itinerary is proposed and can be subject to changes depending on preference, season or pickup location.
Minimum Participants / Availability
This tour runs with a minimum of 3 participants.
Available from April to November. More comfortable during April-June and September-November.
What does the tour include:
- Transfer to start of tour from Karystos, Styra, Marmari
- Guidance by Evia Adventure Tours (English & Greek language)
- Transfer to hotel after the end the tour to Karystos, Styra, Marmari
Other extras – Not Included – Must Haves
- Meals, Snacks, Drinks, Refreshments, Water.
No worries. We will stop at the local bakery before our tour, where you can choose from a wide selection of delicious fresh pastry.
- It is advised to bring your own small backpack and water bottle
- Do care to bring a lightweight windproof along for months (June, September)
- Do care to bring a warmer shell jacket for colder months (April-May & October-November)
- Sunscreen is needed from April - October
- Sun hat or scarf
- Firm walking shoes are needed